Academic: Inge C. Gyssens, Radboud University Medical Center, The Netherlands
EFPIA: Elizabeth Hermsen, MSD
M. Hulscher, J. Schouten, Bart-Jan Kullberg, A. Monnier (Radboud University Medical Center), V. Vlahović- Palčevski, M.Stanic, R. Milanic (University Hospital Rijeka), C. Pulcini, M. Le Marechal (University of Lorraine ), H. Goossens, N. Adriaenssens, A. Versporten (University of Antwerp), S. Harbarth, B. Huttner, V. Zanichelli (University of Geneva), L. Piddock, N. Brown (British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy).
The private partners in DRIVE-AB are: AstraZeneca AB, GlaxoSmithKline Research & Development, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, MSD, Astellas Pharma Europe LTD, Pfizer Limited and Sanofi-Aventis Research & Development
- Compile and assess all definitions and metrics of responsible use across diverse socioeconomic, geographic and clinical settings
- Systematically review the variation in antibiotic use, analysing barriers to and enablers of responsible use
- Develop a conceptual framework for a standard of responsible use
- WP1A will provide a common terminology and framework for shared understanding of responsible and sustainable antibiotic use.
- WP1A will illustrate these concepts by several case studies of antimicrobial resistance issues with global impact.
- WP1A will deliver broadly accepted metrics reflecting responsible antibiotic use of antibiotics (existing and new).
- WP1A will investigate the barriers and facilitators to sustainable prescribing strategies among a broad range of stakeholders, from producer to consumer.
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES
Poster: What is responsible antibiotic use? Towards a global definition
Poster: Quantity metrics assessing antibiotic use in the outpatient setting: a global consensus procedure
Final report: Quality indicators and quantity metrics of antibiotic use.
Article: The global definition of responsible antibiotic use: The DRIVE-AB project
Article: The global definition of responsible antibiotic use: three highlights
Summary of Stakeholder Meeting: Towards a global definition of responsible antibiotic use.
Summary of DRIVE-AB Train-the-Trainer Event: Defining and implementing responsible antibiotic use.
For more detail about Package 1B progress, please see our past NEWSLETTERS.
To get involved as a stakeholder, see the group’s STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT PAGE.